Thursday, October 14, 2010

All shook up!

So yesterday was a very exciting day for Norman, Oklahoma! We had a 5.1 magnitude EARTHQUAKE hit at around 9 AM!!!

I have always and i mean always wanted to be in an earthquake.. because well- because I'm weird like that and I think natural phenomenons are cool :) It has been so interesting hearing everyone's story of where they were when it hit and what they initially thought it was. Some people thought it was a bomb or an explosion.. others thought someone had hit their car while stopped at a light.. and the silliest I've heard was a girl thinking a football player nearby had fallen over!

I was in the basement of the Art building waiting for a class to start when the earthquake hit. Myself and a guy in my class both just looked at each other and asked if the other felt that. OF COURSE WE FELT IT THE EARTH MOVED!! (sorry for screaming- I'm just really pumped about this! haha) The museum next door is being remodeled so since I had no idea what an earthquake felt like I immediately thought that something collapsed next door- we even heard the elevator banging around in the elevator shaft! Luckily though there was no damage anywhere on campus (besides Dale Hall apparently?) and no one was injured.

When I got home last night from being gone all day I found my favorite penguin ornament I got in HS on the ground broken.. immediately I blamed Loki so I went up to him and smacked him only to remember exactly then that we had an earthquake earlier (how could I forget!) and there was no way for loki to have knocked it off the shelf.. oops :) I gave him some hugs and kisses and said sorry but he still bit me later..

So yes I think I might have been one of the only people yesterday that was super excited for the earthquake because that is something that has been on my bucket list since I was in grade school!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment