Wednesday, May 26, 2010

a new routine...

I love how summer makes one change their schedule. I will truly miss having a summer vacation after I graduate (sad to think this is my last summer vacation!) Maybe I'll become a teacher just for the benefits of a summer vacation!! :)

Anyways... this summer is far different then I have had before. I've done summer school many times while in college but this is the first summer the classes are actually in the classroom and not just online. Thus I'm living in Norman for the summer... My schedule isn't completely set in stone but thus far this is what I've got for a normal weekday...

I wake up bright and early at 7 AM (this is if Loki lets me- lately it's been 4 or 5 AM)
..I get ready for the day and do a few chores like cleaning the litter box.. feeding Loki.. and putting dishes in the dishwasher that I just was too tired to clean the night before (it's better than not cleaning them at all!)
... I work from 830-930 at the Bizzell Library and then head over to class at 9:30..
.. I'm in class from 10-2:20 and then have to head back over to the Library for another two hours of work.
Finally at 4 I get to go home and lately have been too tired to unpack or do really anything.. I lay around the apartment and enjoy "summer vacation" and go to bed early to start the whole day over again....

But like I said this summer is very different than others I've had in the past... most summers its the exact same routine for 3 months.. not this time. After the end of this week I will have a whole month of no class but will probably take on more hours at work (or hopefully get the second job that I really wanted in the first place at my apartment complex..) So my schedule will be completely different again for a few weeks. Once in July my schedule will change AGAIN when I start my second summer school class that will last until right before school starts in August.

So much for summer vacation and sleeping till noon and staying up until 2- doing nothing but laying out in the sun and watching tv.. guess I am growing up- when can I go back to grade school!!?

Thats all for now- sorry for being absent lately I never feel like I have something to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment