Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Its getting hot hot HOT!

boy oh boy I can't believe that it was only 2 months ago that it was snowing during spring break!! Oklahoma has the strangest weather patterns ever! At least Houston is pretty constant- humid, muggy, and hot. Even in the "winter" Houston never got colder than mid 50s during the day (and we all acted like it was the arctic! ha!) Oh how I miss thee Houston, Texas!!

I for one do not enjoy wearing shorts for self conscious reasons and because from the age of 10 to 18 I was never allowed to wear shorts to school so I'm just so used to wearing jeans to class but ever now and then (like today) I get so hot and can't bear being in jeans another second!

So with that said I'm in search for cute summer jean alternatives and here are some of my favorites....



Urban Outfitters

OK I know what you're thinking... "overalls Sarah really!!?" haha I probably would never wear them but who knows they might be cute!

Banana Republic

I love the length of these shorts! They are something I'm sure I'd feel comfortable wearing!

Banana Republic

Again I like the length of these... plus the rolled denim is cute! Way to go BR for having cute shorts!

Urban Outfitters

Ummm can you say precious! They have it in white and navy too.. great 4th of July skirt in any of the colors!

Urban Outfitters

I love grey :)....

J. Crew

... and dark denim!

J. Crew

Sassy!! not really an "everyday" skirt but would be super cute for a night out or for business attire

Ann Taylor Loft

love high neck lines. love little black dresses. love Ann Taylor Loft

Ann Taylor Loft

I think the belt makes this outfit work... hah


Urban Outfitters

same with this one but the print is super cute alone too!
Urban Outfitters

love the loose fit and ruffles


J. Crew

you can never go wrong with a white dress in the summertime!


Banana Republic

why not have two! :)

Banana Republic

ahhh t-shirt dresses!


Anthropologie

super girlie and springy!


Anthropologie

grey and yellow is kinda my obsession colors right now (wedding colors) I like that the yellow is just an accent on this dress because well not everyone looks great in yellow (including myself) but it is just such a cheerful color who can resist!?




Ahhh well now that I've gotten that all out I've remembered I'm a poor college student with no money for new clothes so my jeans and shorts I do have will just have to do... sigh... oh well I'll survive!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment