Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fire Power!

Whoa two posts in one week- thats unheard of! :)

Okay so I love fireplaces. Kinda odd since I was just complaining about it being so hot the other day that I would be talking about fireplaces- a totally useless thing in the summer time- today.

Well judge me all you want. I still love fireplaces :) Actually my apartment has a fireplace that I can't wait to use once it starts getting cold.. in like 5 months... It's a wood burning fireplace which I've never had and am kinda nervous about, I better get a fire extinguisher just to be safe!

Anyways. The whole point of me telling you that I like fireplaces is that I found this awesome fireplace (really it is the surround that makes it awesome) while looking for a fireplace screen/gate.



Why am I looking for a fireplace screen you ask.. well Loki my love ball of a demon cat has discovered the fireplace and enjoys very much getting INSIDE the fireplace and then tracking soot all over the apartment- I can see little white paw prints everywhere on my wood floors!

So the reasons I love this fireplace surround include
1. White- classic and simplistic
2. Stone- rustic but still modern
3. Floor to Ceiling- dramatic and eye catching!

mm I can't wait to have a house and had/ build a fireplace like this someday.. our fireplace at my mom's house was once this super ugly little tile surround that just looked awkward. My dad the handyman he was tore it out and built a floor to ceiling brick surround. It really is beautiful!

Well until next time- which will probably be next week (I'm going to be doing LOTS of wedding stuff!!)

1 comment:

  1. oh cats..they can really get into a lot of trouble.

    Glad to hear the apartment is working out well for you! Good Luck with wedding stuff! Knowing from my sisters wedding, it's a lot to plan but so fun too!

    ReplyDelete