Wednesday, June 16, 2010

week of appointments!

Well I'm in Houston this week for all sorts of appointments!

Monday I had a doctors appointment- which I found out I have to go back for another appointment Thursday morning... We also had an appointment with a wedding photographer! Which we booked! Yay it was so much fun! Rebecca-Linh Rodgers is her name and I'm soo excited to work with her! It's awesome when you do all of your research before going into a meeting and knowing exactly what you want and then meeting the person and "meshing" so well with them!

Tuesday I had another doctor appointment and unexpectedly had to get blood taken! AH I loath getting my blood taken! I mean really who actually ENJOYS having someone poke them with a needle?!! Yeah I don't see too many people raising their hands for that one. I salute the people who enjoy donating blood/ plasma- I would love to do it minus my previously stated hatred for needles and having blood taken. It's not so much the "pain" of having it taken but more so being able to feel the blood being taken out (am I crazy- or can other people feel it to?!) and I must have really tiny veins that seem to roll (or so nurses tell me...) thus I always bruise... sometimes not very much but this time it was BAD! I have a feeling this negative feeling for blood work must come from a deep phycological place in me from when I was being prepped for open heart surgery when I was a baby. My mom has journal entries of seeing me after being poked multiple times by nurses just to get enough blood taken and being so swollen she couldn't recognize me! But that is a whole different story...

So yes after coming home Tuesday from the dreaded doctor my mom and I went and met with a videographer! Its so crazy all the options brides have now for wedding vendors! If one doesn't watch out they could spend their whole life savings doing this! Luckily I'm money savvy (Scott would disagree) and I like to do research- lots and lots of research and I find some pretty good deals! It also helps having a sister who has so many connections! Also doing a lot of stuff DIY is helping on the budget! So anyways back to the videographer- Grasshopper Productions is what they are called and you guessed it- we booked them too! Haha like I said before I just love when you can go in knowing what you want and feel comfortable with the people when you meet them! It truly makes things so much easier- I'm considering going into wedding planning it is so much fun :)

Today (Wednesday) I didn't have any appointments however I did take my car into the dealership to get a new door handle put on. Yeah you read that correctly. Door. Handle. It broke off the other day!! The interior driver's side... I was just getting out of my car like normal on the phone with Scott and it broke off- just a hunk of plastic coated in silver paint is all it is... makes getting out of my car a difficult task now so it needed to get fixed! Luckily I'll have my car back by Saturday with new oil and a new door handle- maybe they will wash/ vacuum it out too?!

The rest of the week is full of more appointments and fun activities! Tomorrow (Thursday) I have a doctors appointment in the morning and then my mom and I are meeting with a DJ (most likely booking since thats the way the rest of these appointments have gone!)... Friday- what I informally like to call day-o-fun my mom has a dentist appointment in the morning and then we're going to go try on dresses!! haha I'm a little excited... and then we're meeting my sister and going to a cake testing! I'm bummed that Scott can't make it to the cake testing because of work.. I told him we would make an appointment to go back for him to pick out a grooms cake though and he can try the cakes then :) Scott also is coming into Houston Friday night for the weekend and that is always exciting! I will be back later this week to let you know how the rest of the trip to Houston went!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment